Summer of Sonic is the place to be to meet your idols face-to-face! Throughout the day there will be several sessions in which you will have the opportunity to meet the likes of Takashi Iizuka, Kazuyuki Hoshino and Jun Senoue and to get their autograph as a memento of the event.
The timetables for all of the guest appearances are now available on the events page and will be advertised in the Summer of Sonic programme.
Last year we implemented a very successful set of rules that prevented many of the frustrations of past years including snaking queues and long waiting periods. Again, we’d like to set a few ground rules that will ensure as many fans as possible have a chance to meet the stars of the show.
SIGNING DESK RULES:
1. There is a strict one autograph per person rule in place each session; lots of fellow attendees will want to grab a signature too, so rather than bring your entire collection along for signing, pick out something that will look awesome with an autograph on it! It saves you having to bring lots of things with you too!
2. As the signing sessions are extremely popular, there will be no opportunity to go behind the desk for photos with the guests at this session. The stars understand this too, and will try to come out onto the event floor for photos if they have spare time. However, as their schedules during the day are all very busy, this may not be possible. Please be understanding of this.
3. Queuing will only be allowed within the designated queuing area. This will be clearly marked with a member of staff on hand to help. If you are queuing outside of this area, you will be asked to move away in order to avoid unnecessary congestion.
4. Queue jumping will not be tolerated; this includes holding spaces for friends.
5. The signing desk queue will be opened 10 minutes before the start of a signing session, so that we can start the sessions as soon as the guests are available. If you are desperate to get a signature, we suggest you get to the queue early!
6. Once the queuing area reaches capacity the gates will be closed, but will be re-opened at regular intervals up until around 20 minutes before the end of each signing session. The staff will advise you on when to return in order to join the queue and when the queue is shut.
7. Please respect the staff manning the signing desks, and follow their instructions. Rudeness to our staff will not be tolerated at all.
Please abide by all of these rules, but most of all have fun, and enjoy meeting the stars!